Media @ CUSAT

KITA symposium in partnership with IBM, CUSAT (Inauguration)

March 23, 2012 by Dyuthi Admin

The number of people living in Indian cities is expected to reach 70% of the population of India by2050. As per the 2011 India government census, 27.8% of Indians live in 5,100 towns and over 380urban agglomerations and the remaining 72.2% live in 641,000 villages. Technology convergence inmobility, cloud computing, server and desktop virtualization, social computing, advanced analytics,and open architectures is fueling the new wave of end user computing. Unlike Smarter Cities, SmarterVillages can tap into the culture, intellect, and passion of the villagers and pave a new way tocaptialize on their strengths. This symposium will focus on how to leverage this technologyconvergence to establish IT as a cottage industry that can fuel the growth of Smarter Villages in India.Each session will be 45 minutes that includes 15 minutes of Q&A and discussion. The final sessionwith be a panel discussion on KITA.

1,876 Views
403 Likes
2 Comments

Comments


Write a comment

Categories

Events

Feeds: